To improve the quality/cost equation in cardiac care, medical and surgical doctors need to track credible, risk-adjusted performance indicators. Many are achieving this through respected national registries, which give physicians and surgeons ownership over their own continuous quality improvement.
Encompassing Patient Records
Internet-based Velos eCardio supports clinical, administrative and outcomes information needs for cardiology and cardiovascular surgery. This scalable and flexible suite is available as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or installable software for hosting on customer servers. Its workflow-centered approach improves data management practices, supporting quality improvement, patient safety, and regulatory compliance for organizations of any size. In support of both patient care and clinical research, Velos eCardio also supports data mining and delivering meaningful outcomes reports to physicians in a timely fashion.
“We use Velos for monitoring length-of-stay, length of-intubation, infection rates and neurological problems. So if we see a monthly trend, we can go after it, drill down, and see what the problem is. Quality equals cost savings.”
- Captures, reports, tracks and integrates key clinical information such as Admission/Discharge/Transfers (ADT), diagnoses, procedures, medications, labs and notes
- Single, comprehensive patient record used across all encounters and modalities
- Secure multi-facility collaboration
- Extensive data mining and reporting
- Tracks physician and surgeon performance indicators
- Certified for use as a patient registry
Velos eCardio is certified for the following registries:
Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- General Thoracic Surgery
- Congenital Heart Surgery
American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- Catheterizations and Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (Cath PCI)
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICD)
Velos eCardio is both a standalone product and an integrated module of the Velos eResearch product suite.